Friday, January 26, 2018

This was my first week practicing yoga in a number of months. I've done yoga before, but I'm still relatively new to the practice. Needless to say, I am very sore from today's session, but it went very well because I felt my back become less sore, and your spirit feels great from doing yoga in general. The session this week was a type of "insight" or awareness yoga, and it started out with some simple breathing meditations, concentrating on the breath and then going into some poses. We alternated between some poses such as table top, and downward facing dog, as well as some standing poses. The yoga practice ended with a meditation, something I'm more familiar with. I felt great at the end of it, and I felt maybe two percent more flexible. I could not keep up with the others in my group and I learned that I am really slow at yoga so far, and that I am very stiff from not doing yoga or any other type of exercise. I know I'll learn faster and be able to keep up with more time, and I'm excited to see where this takes me.

1 comment:

  1. where did you go and what did the class entail? Any other observations about the room, people, etc?

    ReplyDelete