Thursday, February 1, 2018

Week 2

This week for yoga I attended a class on campus at the TRLC lead by my good friend Jason. The class began in the same way as last week's with some breathing exercises. Once we were finished with that, we switched into a table top position and began our movements, alternating between a child's pose, downward dog, cow pose and cat's pose, among others. The event room in the TRLC was dimly lit and there was soft music on in the background. There were maybe fifteen people in the class and there were only two men aside from Jason, myself included. The space and energy in the room was nice and it was oriented towards beginners because it was the first week that this class had started. Although the group was moving somewhat slow I still had to move even slower as I still can not touch my toes. Yoga is painful; while planking, and doing other movements involving core strength, I could not keep it together very long. I found I was shaking doing core exercises and that I was tensing up even in areas that were not being exercised, such as my shoulders and neck. If I remembered to focus on my breath, which I did not always do, then that made it better by forcing me to concentrate. This definitely felt like a more spiritual session, and after it was done, although I felt worn and tired, I also felt well and accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment