Friday, February 2, 2018

Sacred Space

Some consider their yoga space to be a "sacred" space. I personally think yoga can be done just about anywhere, although I would prefer doing it on a mat or carpet opposed to doing yoga on a hardwood or concrete floor. In terms of its sacredness, many have their yoga space set up as a very spacious room. Typically I have seen is a large spacious room with a wooden floor, and some Buddha statues at the front where there could be soft music playing, or some incense burning in the front. My buddy has a living room that is exactly this: his own personal yoga studio. Considering all of this, there is no precise definition of what makes a yoga space a sacred space. Some people have their one spot that they can only do yoga in , while others, (myself included) can do yoga just about anywhere and make that my sacred space.






No comments:

Post a Comment