Tuesday, March 6, 2018

This past week at yoga, I attended a class at the TRLC with Jason. We placed emphasis on back exercises, and also paid special attention to our neck and core when someone in the class volunteered that they had a back injury. We spent a great deal of time in the plank position, and switched around between that and lunges, holding a long, warrior pose for at least a minute if not more. The exercise was good in that it calmed me down from a day of stressful activities and confrontations. By the end of it, I felt that I got a good stretch in, and I felt the tension in my neck disappear. This is the sense of healing I felt that day from doing yoga. Despite the tension felt both in the physical and emotional sense, I felt all of those problems not disappear per say, but certainly carry less weight in my day. Psychological healing comes from stepping out of the mindset you use to examine your problems, and looking at them from a different perspective afterwards, making it easier to deal with. Physical healing comes when you are no longer sore in an area you were once sore in, or you are healed if you are less sore. Two great ways to get healed by doing yoga, and there are no pills required! Beats the doctors office.

No comments:

Post a Comment